Time to reflect on my blogging of 2011. I wont get into any more details than that. For more on what I am looking forward to in 2012, you can read my New Years Blog Post.
In the fall of 2011 I started doing my Podcast again, this time it geared towards featuring northern photographers and creative people. Doing that gave me a boost in traffic, and shows in the Top 5 Posts below.
- KyleWith: Photojournalist Pat Kane - Pat was the 3rd photographer I interviewed on my podcast and is based in Yellowknife. He works for the northern publication, UpHere Magazine, as the Photo Editor. He has some interesting things to share as most of his photos have a real story to them. Pat also just got engaged, congrats, Pat.
- New 60th Parallel NWT Border Sign - Driving back to Yellowknife back in June 2011, I stopped at the 60th Parallel or NWT Border with Alberta. They had just put up a new NWT sign, which I like, but many don’t.
- KyleWith: Photographer Kyle Marquardt - Kyle is the latest photographer I have interview and although he is based in Calgary, he has traveled the world. Including the arctic, which is what caught my eye. He loves photographing and is really making a name for himself.
- KyleWith: Designer Janet Pacey - Janet is not a photographer, but she is highly creative and knows how to use that. She is the creator of the popular Ptarmi stuffed toy, which I have blogged about. She is also funny, have a listen.
- Election Results Explained in Hilarious Image - 5th on the list is a funny infographic I found right after the federal election results were announced. It is mildy amusing and if you understand politics, you should think so too.
There you have it my top 5 of 2011.