I’ll make this quick because I’m tired and I want to write this while it is fresh in my mind. This is what I cooked for supper tonight. It is in fact I teased everyone with on Facebook. I cooked it for myself and friend and former co-worker Megan.
The Meat from top to bottom:
- A Portobello Mushroom, swiped clean and grilled will the grill was heating up on high. Put aside was charred on both sides.
- Butterflied an average steak, rubbed in chopped fresh rosemary, salt and pepper. Added a bit of Olive Oil. Grilled for 4 mins on the grill, flipping every minute for medium.
- French loaf cut on an angle and then in half. Place on grilled to heat up and flatten.
I really enjoyed this, it was amazing. It had taste and flavour. It wasn’t not dried out. What I did find was that the french loaf was a little too charred and that taste overwhelmed the steak. The mushroom as got cold quickly, too quickly for my eating speed. I would probably reheat before serving.
The Potatoes and all that jazz:
- Boil baby potatoes for 15 mins or until soft.
- Mix together cottage cheese and lemon juice for dressing. Put in bowl will still warm potatoes and mix around.
- Add in BACON bits and chives to add even more amazing flavour.
These potatoes blew my mind, they were great and not just because of the bacon. I recipe called for yogurt, but I used cottage cheese instead and I think it was for the best. Will definitely do again.
Both recipes are from Jamie’s Food Revolution. I would do again with minor adjustments. Thoughts?