I have always been one to like routines. I like my mornings to be planned and uninterrupted – not to say I’d freak out of it changed. I just like to have a plan, so I know when I’ll be ready for the day.
It did not occur to me how meticulous I was being until talking about it at my office. I was referred to as Sheldon Cooper of The Big Bang Theory. I have never even made the connection until then, but now I can see it.
So here has been my morning routine this week.
- 5:45am – 5:50am – Awake up/Get up
- 5:50am – 6:25am – Run on treadmill
- 6:25am – 6:30am – Cool down period
- 6:30am – 6:35am – Shower
- 6:35am – 6:45am – Get out of shower/Get dressed
- 6:45am – 7:00am – Make and eat breakfast
- 7:00am – 7:30am – Check news, blogs, social media
- 7:30am – 7:40am – Start Jeep and gather lunch
- 7:40am – 7:50am – Drive downtown to work
- 7:50am – 7:55am – Walk from Jeep to office
- 7:55am – At office
It seems a little said that it is that planned out and I am so not kidding. While this is happening I’m always checking the clock as if I’m going to miss something or be late somewhere. To make that even worse sounding, I go into work 35 minutes before I actually need to.